RAD Ballet Program
We are proud to offer Royal Academy of Dance certified Ballet classes to ballet students ages 7 and up.
The Royal Academy of Dance (RAD) is an internationally accredited dance syllabus, the largest governing body of classical ballet in the world. RAD is dedicated to the training of dancers. The thorough curriculum is designed to be progressively appropriate for the dancer based on age and development. Examinations and awards are issued to maintain a high standard of training and to celebrate the achievement of the dancer.
Admission and Placement to RAD classes is to be assessed by Jerredi Hauck and/or Judith Koch, both Royal Academy of Dance registered teachers, based on the student’s previous RAD exams completed and/or abilities, level, and age appropriateness, as well as class(es) availability.
All students entering into the RAD stream must register for both classes in their level and be diligent in their attendance in order to qualify for the examination process, which is to display what they have learned to a certified RAD Examiner in technique, musicality and performance.
If you register for our Ballet Exam Program, this is what to expect:
- · Dancers will dance in classes according to age and ability
- · 2 RAD Ballet Technique Classes/week required
- · 2 hours (Grade 1-3)
- · 2.5 hours (Grade 4-8)
- · 3 hours (Intermediate Foundation - Advanced)
- · Class instruction is offered by RAD Qualified Adult Dance Teachers only
- · Pre Pointe classes are offered at the Grade 4-5 level
- · Pointe classes are offered to students who meet expectations in Pre Pointe classes and are in Grade 5 or higher
- · Classes DO NOT include dance choreography for Recital and are exclusively for technique and examination preparation
RAD Graded and Vocational Levels Offered:
- Pre Primary, No RAD examination offered at this level (Age 5-6)
- Primary, No RAD examination offered at this level (Age 6-7)
- Grade 1 (Age 7-9)
- Grade 2 (Age 8 – 10)
- Grade 3 (Age 9 – 11)
- Grade 4 (Age 10 – 12)
- Grade 5 (Age 11 – 13)
- Grade 6 (Age 12 +)
- Intermediate Foundation (Age 12 + and Completed Grade 5)
- Intermediate (Age 13 + and Completed Intermediate Foundation)
- Advanced Foundation (Age 14 + and Completed Intermediate)
- Advanced 1 (Age 15 + and Completed Advanced Foundation)
- *Ages are approximate and listed for your information. Students are placed by ability and exam levels mastered.